![]() |
| Note to self: do not take this entrance! |
wall background
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Down the Rabbit Hole
I'm finally starting to get the hang of using the subways. I feel pretty proud of myself when I manage to get where I need to go without getting lost, and even more so if the trip involved switching trains halfway through. That being said, twice now I've gone down the wrong subway entrance on my way home from work. The first time it happened, I thought I had discovered a quicker route to my subway line. Wrong. I spent 5 minutes following signs for the 2/3 line like a maze. I walked down a long tunnel, up a flight of stairs, back down a different flight of stairs, up another flight of stairs and finally made it to the right platform, just as my train was pulling away. Of course. Now, you think I would have learned my lesson. But only a week later I did the same thing. At the exact same spot. After what seemed like 30 minutes of following the 2/3 line maze, and right as I began to panic, I found the right platform and hopped on my train home. Now I'm a little more careful about which entrance I take to the subway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment